Saturday, June 26, 2010

LT stands for "Long Talks"

Hey Everyone
So I woke up this morning feeling like crap again, I really hate being stuffy. Anyways, I've been thinking about how awesome friendships are and how great it is to have close friends who believe in things that you do. I don't think I've ever been in an environment like this one before and it is so amazing and empowering. It's so cool that I can walk around and talk to people about my life and say things like "God is so amazing, that message last night was so powerful" or staying up until 5:30 in the morning talking to friends about God and my life and my struggles and really opening up to people on things you have only shared with your closest friends. Thursday night marked a major bonding point between Kristin, Daniel and I. Amy hung out with us for a bit for the dancing part and then left because she was tired and had to work. The three of us kept dancing for a while. Salsa, Cha Cha, Tango, a bit of waltzing for like...a second, this cool line dance thing, and of course no dance party is complete without busting out cupid shuffle. Eventually we got tired of dancing and started talking about stuff. It ended up getting pretty deep after a while and before we knew it, we looked over and saw the sun coming up over the mountains and realized that it was 5:30. Lucky for Daniel and Kristin, they had project day and didn't need to be anywhere until 10, but I had work at 8:30. It ended up making it a really long day and I still wasn't feeling 100% better...actually I still don't. Hopefully a good breakfast and some grape juice or tea or something will wake me up today.
One of the things I really love about God is that His presence really draws people together. I find it a struggle to become really close friends with non-believers, but if I run into someone who believes in God, even if I don't know it yet, it's like I form and instant connection with them and it's like we've been friends for years. The best part is when those relationships do develop over a few years and you form a life-long bond with someone that nothing can break. I am totally excited about the fact that I can keep going in LT with a support group like Daniel and Kristin. After Thursday night, it feels like any of us come talk to any of the other two about anything and the other two would be there for support 100%, which reminds me of my relationship with Kyle and Andy. I've heard it said(that people come into our lives for a reason....sorry, Wicked tangent) that being a Christian is about community, about sharing your struggles with each other and forming accountability and the awesome feeling of knowing that someone else has struggled with something that you are struggling with and they can lead you and help support you when you need it most. I think the Wicked tangent is actually very fitting.

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return."

It's really exciting that I finally feel like God wants to do something in my life this summer. Hopefully this is me getting out of neutral in my relationship with Him and hopefully kicking it into high gear....or at least 1st or 2nd.

Well I really need to get going if I want to eat breakfast before work. If I have the need for a brain dump again, I'll be sure to post...otherwise, see you after project day!

-Go Green-
Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment